How to Spend Memorial Day Weekend
Memorial Day is upon us on May 29th. It’s the long weekend that everyone looks forward to officially kick off the summer! Celebrate Memorial Day this weekend with your families and honor the men and women who sacrificed their lives in the armed forces to provide us with the beautiful opportunities that we have today.
There are several ways you can enjoy this Memorial Day long weekend:
- Memorial Day Parade: Attending a parade service with your family is a perfect way to commemorate veterans and soldiers. As well, the kids will love watching the marching bands and various floats with commemorative displays. Check to see where a parade is being held in your local city!
- Fireworks: There will be plenty of firework shows during the long weekend. Head over to the park or pier to enjoy a great display of fireworks! Don’t want to be caught in the middle of a crowd? Buy your own fireworks and have your own show in your backyard with family and friends!
- BBQ: Everyone enjoys a good old BBQ! It’s a great way to spend quality time with family and friends this long weekend. Get the grill started and have yourself a great big cookout!
- Street Festivals: Check your local event listings for any street festivals around your area. Enjoy local music, discover local vendors and have some great food! As well, if the weather is nice, it’s a great way to enjoy the outdoors.
- Day In: Use this long weekend as an opportunity to recharge and have a day in. Read a book that you haven’t had the time to read, spend some time with your family or have yourself some quiet time. Everyone needs a day to relax from a hectic week!
Heat Holders® wishes everyone a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend!