Canadians and Americans are gearing up for the first holiday of the summer! July 1st marks Canada Day for Canadians and July 4th marks Independence Day for Americans. Heat Holders® came up with some ideas to help you celebrate the holiday weekend.
1. BBQ/Picnic: Head outdoors with family/friends to have a nice picnic in a park. It's a nice way to get out and enjoy the weather. If you rather soak up the sun at home, host a BBQ! Heat up the grill, turn up the music, enjoy the hot dogs and hamburgers.
2. Festivals: With summer in full swing, many festivals may be taking place in and around your city. Whether it's a music, food or holiday (like Canada Day or Independence Day) festival, there's something for everyone!
3. Road Trip: If you're lucky enough to have a long weekend (like Canadians for Canada Day!) consider taking a road trip to a nearby city. It's a nice way to relax from your everyday routine and explore different attractions! As well, you can take part in their Canada Day or Independence Day festivities.
4. Fireworks: Everyone loves watching a good firework show. Check your local city event listings to see what parks are showcasing fireworks. If you rather stay home than go out, get your own fireworks and create a spectacular show from the comfort of your own home with family and friends.
5. Beach: There's no better way to spend a day off - especially if it's a hot one. Head to the beach to spend a day soaking in the sun, swimming and playing beach volleyball!
Have a safe and happy Canada Day & Independence Day!