Frequently asked questions
What are Heat Holders®?
- As far as is known and have ever been tested these socks are the warmest thermal socks in the world. They are also very comfortable to wear, customers have often described the feeling as 'walking on a cloud.'
How do they work?
- There are no batteries, no switches. Heat Holders® are made using a three stage process. An advanced insulating yarn is used to construct a sock with a long loop thermal pile which is then intensely brushed. This traps warm air generated by your body closer to your skin for longer, keeping you warm and comfortable. You can see our video on on our home page before you buy.
Will my feet get sweaty?
- The socks are made using acrylic yarn, which is great at wicking away moisture. Your feet will be warm, not sweaty!
What styles of socks are available?
- Heat Holders® come in a wide variety of designs and colors and are available in ankle, crew, and long lengths. New Heat Holders® LITE™ socks are a thinner fit than traditional Heat Holders®. New Heat Holders® Worxx socks are reinforced in the toe and heal for extra durability. Try them today!
What are Slipper Socks? How are they different from non-Slipper Socks?
- Slipper socks, also known as Hospital Socks, while just as warm and comfortable as original Heat Holders®, also include non-slip grippers on the bottom. The grippers provide better traction on indoor wood or tiled surfaces. Slipper socks are not recommended for use in shoes or boots. Both Men's Slipper Socks and Ladies Slipper Socks are available. Children's Slipper Socks too!
What is the warmest Heat Holders® sock available?
- Most Heat Holders® socks have a Tog rating of 2.34. Our dual-layer camouflage socks have a warmer Tog rating of 2.6. Our wool-augmented socks, have the warmest Tog rating of 2.7. Heat Holders® LITE™ socks are Tog rated 1.6.
What sizes are available?
- Heat Holders® socks are Unisex, though we describe them as Men’s and Ladies. They are easily interchangeable depending on your shoe size and color preference. We have three adult sizes available, each size in a different set of colors:
Small size –
Fits Ladies -> 5-9
Fits men's -> 4-8
Large size –
Fits Men's -> 7-12
Fits Ladies -> 8-13
Extra Large Big Foot size –
Fits Men's -> 13-15
Fits Ladies -> 14-16
- We also have two children's sizes available:
10 – 2½, -> for children aged approximately 3 to 8 years old.
3 – 6½ -> for children aged approximately 8+ years
How do I order?
- You can conveniently buy from our website. Simply add the products you like to the shopping cart. You can check out with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, Discover, and Diners Club debit and credit cards. Note the only PRE-PAID debit cards accepted are Visa or MasterCard cards that have an email address registered against them. PayPal checkout is also available.
Is my personal information safe with you?
- Absolutely. We will not sell your personal information to anyone. If you have elected to receive special offers and coupons etc. from us, we will send you those. If you have elected otherwise, we will not bother you with emails other than messages concerning your order.
How soon will you ship?
- If your order is received before noon (Eastern time), it will ship the same business day, else it will ship the following business day. While we will try our best to meet this service level, there could be delays due to unavoidable circumstances, holidays, order volume etc. Once your order ships, you will receive an email from us.
Where do you ship from?
- Our fulfillment warehouse is located in North Carolina and your order will ship from that location.
I chose standard shipping, what mode of transport do you use? how soon can I expect to receive my order?
- For our standard shipping option we use USPS. Allow 3-7 business days depending on where you are located in the USA. Please allow 7-10 business days (11-14 calendar days) for shipping to Canada.
I chose expedited shipping, when will i get my order?
- We have a 2 business day shipping option. Your order will ship the same business day if placed before 12:00 pm Eastern time. Else it will ship the next business day. The order will arrive at your location two BUSINESS days after it has shipped. No deliveries on weekend. Note: expedited shipping option is NOT available to deliver to PO boxes.
Will tracking information be available?
- Yes! You can track your order. Once your items have shipped, we will send you a confirmation email with a tracking number and link.
What if I want to change or cancel my order?
- Please be advised that we are unable to make changes to your order. If changes are required, the order will need to be cancelled and replaced with a new order. Send us your cancellation request via the contact us form and we will have it completed as soon as possible. In case we cannot make the cancellation, you will then need to ship the items back to us for an exchange or refund.
We guarantee satisfaction!
- 45 days to return or exchange your purchase if purchased from this website.
- See our returns page for full details and instructions.
What are the washing/laundry/care instructions for Heat Holders®?
- Machine wash in warm water (40 degrees centigrade).
- Preferably line dry. Do not tumble dry.
- Do not use bleach.
- Do not dry clean.
- Do not iron.
- Do not wash inside-out.
- Wash dark colors separately.
- If I have any other questions? Contact us
I see a transaction fee on my credit card, what is this?
We ship from North Carolina, however our company is based in Canada. Certain (Not all) credit card issuers charge a transaction fee for international transactions and this may be billed to you by your credit card issuer. We do not receive any part of this fee. We have no way of knowing which customer will be charged by their issuer. Should you see such a fee on your statement, please contact your credit card issuer for any clarifications.
Gift Cards and Discount Coupons?
Discount codes cannot be applied towards the purchase of Gift Cards.
Contact us, we are on standby to answer any questions you may have.