Frequently asked questions
Tracking and Delivery
- Like other online retailers, we are seeing unprecedented order volume as shoppers move online in response to the pandemic. Our logistics teams are working hard to keep up.
- Tracking - We are noticing that it is taking time for tracking information to update on carrier’s website. Please do not be alarmed if you do not see movement. If you have received a notice of shipment, your order has shipped. Allow 2 or 3 business days to see movement on the carriers website.
- Shipping - Please be assured your order will be dispatched in a timely manner via USPS for USA orders, and Ground Shipping for Canadian orders. Please see our shipping page for estimated delivery times and bear in mind that the given times are estimates only and are not guaranteed.
What are Heat Holders®?
- As far as is known and have ever been tested these socks are the warmest thermal socks in the world. They are also very comfortable to wear, customers have often described the feeling as 'walking on a cloud.'
How do they work?
- There are no batteries, no switches. Heat Holders® are made using a three stage process. An advanced insulating yarn is used to construct a sock with a long loop thermal pile which is then intensely brushed. This traps warm air generated by your body closer to your skin for longer, keeping you warm and comfortable. You can see our video on on our home page before you buy.
Will my feet get sweaty?
- The socks are made using acrylic yarn, which is great at wicking away moisture. Your feet will be warm, not sweaty!
What styles of socks are available?
- Heat Holders® come in a selection of warmth levels and styles and are available in ankle, crew, and long lengths.
What are Slipper Socks? How are they different from non-Slipper Socks?
- Slipper socks, also known as Hospital Socks, while just as warm and comfortable as original Heat Holders®, also include non-slip grippers on the bottom. The grippers provide better traction on indoor wood or tiled surfaces. Slipper socks are not recommended for use in shoes or boots.
What sizes are available?
- Heat Holders® socks are Unisex, though we describe them as Men’s and Women's. They are easily interchangeable depending on your shoe size and color preference. We have three adult sizes available, each size in a different set of colors:
Small size –
Fits Men's -> 4-8
Fits Women's -> 5-9
Large size –
Fits Men's -> 7-12
Fits Women's -> 8-13
Men's Extra Large Big/Tall size –
Fits Men's -> 13-15
How do I order?
- You can conveniently buy from our website. Simply add the products you like to the shopping cart. You can check out with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, Discover, and Diners Club debit and credit cards. Note the only PRE-PAID debit cards accepted are Visa or MasterCard cards that have an email address registered against them. PayPal checkout is also available.
Is my personal information safe with you?
- Absolutely. We will not sell your personal information to anyone. If you have elected to receive special offers and coupons etc. from us, we will send you those. If you have elected otherwise, we will not bother you with emails other than messages concerning your order.
How soon will you ship?
- Orders placed before 11am (Eastern time) will ship within 2 business days. While we will try our best to meet this service level, there could be delays due to unavoidable circumstances or holiday rush. Once your order ships, you will receive an email from us with tracking information.
Where do you ship from?
- Our fulfillment warehouse is located in Tennessee and your order will ship from that location.
I chose standard shipping, what mode of transport do you use? how soon can I expect to receive my order?
- For the USA, our standard shipping option uses USPS. Allow 3-7 business days depending on where you are located in the USA.
- For Canada, our standard shipping option uses Ground Shipping. Allow about 10 business days, depending on your location.
Will tracking information be available?
- Yes! You can track your order. Once your items have shipped, we will send you a confirmation email with a tracking number and link.
Can you ship to APO addresses?
- Unfortunately, we are not presently able to ship to APO addresses.
What if I want to change or cancel my order?
- Our team processes your orders quite quickly. We do not usually have time to make changes to your orders, this includes address changes. If changes are required, the order will need to be cancelled and replaced with a new order. Send us your cancellation request via the contact us form and we will have it completed as soon as possible. In case we cannot make the cancellation, you will then need to ship the items back to us for an exchange or refund.
We guarantee satisfaction!
- 60 days to return or exchange your purchase if purchased from this website.
- See our returns page for full details and instructions.
What are the washing/laundry/care instructions for Heat Holders®?
- Machine wash in warm water (40° Celsius; 104° Fahrenheit).
- Preferably line dry. Do not tumble dry.
- Do not use bleach.
- Do not dry clean.
- Do not iron.
- Do not wash inside-out.
- Wash dark colors separately.
- Heat Holders® socks are made with a super soft cashmere like acrylic yarn to provide you warmth and comfort. The socks are designed to be worn with footwear.
- To prolong their life, always wear with slippers inside your home or shoes outside your home so they do not wear down unexpectedly when rubbing against hard and uneven surfaces.
- If you want to wear them without footwear, please choose our slipper styles with rubber grippers on the bottom.
- If I have any other questions? Contact us
I see a transaction fee on my credit card, what is this?
- We ship from Tennessee, however our company is based in Canada. Certain (not all) credit card issuers charge a transaction fee for international transactions and this may be billed to you by your credit card issuer. We do not receive any part of this fee. We have no way of knowing which customer will be charged by their issuer. Should you see such a fee on your statement, please contact your credit card issuer for any clarifications.
Gift Cards, HUGS Rewards, and Discount Coupons?
- Discount codes and HUGS Rewards cannot be applied towards the purchase of Gift Cards.
- Only one discount code or HUGS Reward can be applied per order.
- HUGS Rewards and discount codes cannot be combined.
- Multiple gift card codes can be applied on the same order.
- One discount code or one HUGS Reward can be combined with multiple gift card codes on the same order.
Contact us, we are on standby to answer any questions you may have.